Bogdanka passes second surveillance ISO audit
A surveillance audit for compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems) for mining, production and sale of commercial coal took place in Bogdanka on 30-31 May 2023.
The audit was conducted by 6 auditors from the PRS S.A. Management Systems Certification Office. The audit covered 35 areas of the Company, including visiting the underground mine in Bogdanka and touring the site in Nadrybie.
The audit did not find any non-compliance and LW Bogdanka kept its certificates current for the next year. In addition, the auditors pointed out the Company's strengths:
- A detailed approach to ESG reporting,
- A sound approach to management reviews based on a thorough analysis of IMS,
- Use of information systems within the framework of the electronic circulation of system documentation supported by reliably developed system procedures,
- A reliable approach to the handling of environmental matters by the Environmental Protection Department both in terms of identifying and assessing legal requirements and maintaining compliance in the face of numerous control inspections carried out,
- Visualization of the results of microclimatic studies submitted by the Ventilation Department to individual departments using digital maps,
- Great care in keeping records of hydrogeological measurements made,
- Very great attention to order and tidiness at the Nadrybie Field storage yard,
- Great awareness among employees underpinned by a sense of responsibility for waste management and handling of hazardous substance spills in the Nadrybie Field,
- Promptness in action, teamwork and regularity in dealing with accidents and near misses,
- Substantive preparation of employees holding managerial positions,
- Highlighting safety-related information in technical designs,
- Transparent and detailed reporting of technological and environmental parameters at the Coal Preparation Plant,
- Order and cleanliness at the Coal Preparation Plant,
- Application of electronic report books,
- A large number of specialized courses held in the form of in-house training,
- A special approach to the measurement of harmful factors on workstations.
We would like to thank the auditees and all employees involved in the organization of the audit for their commitment, availability and professional approach to fulfilling their duties, which allowed the audit to be carried out effectively and positively and keep the certificates current for another year.
Lubelski Węgiel Bogdanka S.A. is a leading hard coal producer in Poland that stands apart from its peers in terms of its modern and efficient mining. It is one of the largest Polish hard coal mines. Lubelski Węgiel Bogdanka S.A. chiefly conducts mining operations in terms of hard coal extraction, enrichment and sales. It supplies this raw material mainly to industrial offtakers. Supply contracts are long-term, and the product is sold to the commercial power sector and the industrial power sector.
The company has been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since June of 2009. In August 2022, Lubelski Węgiel Bogdanka S.A. returned to listing on the WIG-ESG Index.
Since October of 2015 Bogdanka has been a member of the Enea Group, the second largest player on Poland’s electrical power market in terms of the generation of electricity, which manages the entire value chain on the electricity market ranging from fuel to the generation of electricity, distribution, sales (supply) and customer service.